New World Music Academy Policies
- All tuition is paid monthly, deducted through auto-pay/auto-debit of a credit card or debit card on file. Students with Monday lessons receive a 5% tuition discount reflecting NWMA closures on Mondays effected by holidays. For more information, see our Tuition pages pertaining to the instrument(s) in which you are interested.
- Mid-June through Mid-August: Summer lessons are encouraged and tuition can be simply continued through these months.
- Form of Payment – The New World Music Academy accepts cash or personal checks, Visa, Mastercard and Discover cards as well as direct debit of checking or savings accounts. Materials and merchandise can be paid for using any of these methods, as well.
- Receipts – Receipts are available by request.
- Students may begin lessons as soon as the front desk staff has secured an available day and time for the lesson and has confirmed it with the instructor.
- Discontinuing lessons – A 30-day written notice, using a NWMA Withdrawal Form available from the front desk or online, must be submitted to New World Music Academy for stopping lessons. All withdrawal forms should be filled out fully and emailed to frontdesk@NewWorldMusicAcademy.com or hand delivered to the front desk staff during front desk hours. For emailed forms, only scanned completed Withdrawal Forms emailed as a .pdf document will be accepted.
- Any Withdrawal Forms received are processed on the first day of the following month. Therefore, tuition will be charged for the month after a Withdrawal Form is received. For example, if a Withdrawal Form is received on the 10th of March, it will be processed on April 1st with April Tuition being charged and lessons still available for the student during that month. No further charges would be made after April 1st.
- Students enrolled in more than one instrumental program and would like to stop lessons in ONE of them must submit notification by email to the frontdesk (frontdesk@NewWorldMusicAcademy.com) – a Withdrawal Form is not appropriate in this case. As a courtesy to the instructor, we ask that a minimum of two weeks notification be given. This email notification must detail the student’s name, instructor, lesson day/time, the date and reason for stopping lessons.
- Refunds – The academy provides no refunds on any program. There are no refunds or transfer of tuition (paid lessons that were missed in one session/month do NOT apply to future lessons) for classes you’re scheduled to attend whether or not you attend the class. Likewise, there are no refunds for registration fees.
- There is a one-time non-refundable registration fee of $25.00 for each newly registered student.
Please direct all questions about the above policies to Mark@NewWorldMusicAcademy.com
Missed Lesson Policy
As a general rule, the academy provides no make-up lessons. Consistency is the most important aspect of success in music lessons. This means, if a student misses any lesson, there is no refund or make-up lesson available. This policy is intended to encourage consistency in music lessons and is not designed to be a negative policy for NWMA families.
If a teacher is not available for a scheduled lesson, a substitute teacher will be appointed. NWMA does its best to give plenty of notice to families in these cases and are happy to add that these instances are rare.
Disciplinary Policy Regarding Behavior and Attendance
The goal of this Music Academy is to provide a safe, nurturing, specialized and highly focused educational environment for music students of all ages.
When behavior that contradicts this goal exists, it will be dealt with immediately and swiftly. We have a “no tolerance” policy on disruptive behavior in the classroom. The following steps will be taken to remedy any given disruptive situation.
- Teacher will tell student to stop disruptive behavior. This will be considered a warning.
- If student persists, teacher will inform parent(s) of the problem. The teacher may call a parent/teacher meeting. The teacher will tell parent he or she must be present in waiting area during their child’s class until teacher decides problem is solved.
- If disruptive behavior continues, the student will take a “time out” in the waiting area with his or her parent during the class. The teacher also reserves the right to expel the student from a particular class session.
- Should disruptive behavior persist at any time after the previous steps have been taken, the disruptive student will be expelled from the class and the Academy permanently. All tuition will be forfeited.
Existing students will be charged continuously month by month throughout the summer (mainly July) according to the tuition information for his or her instrument as noted above. When a new student enrolls in the summer session, they will be charged a single summer session tuition plus registration fee. When the fall semester commences, new summer students will be paying tuition according to the tuition information relevant to his or her instrument as noted above. The academy staff will do what we can to accommodate family schedules but cannot promise to retain your/your child’s class day/time from session to session.
IMPORTANT: Students pay regular tuition for June and July if continuing lessons for the summer. If not enrolled in Summer classes, or if they decide to “take a break” and are not continuously enrolled at any point throughout the Summer, there will be a $45 “holding fee” for the student until returning for classes – this holding fee will be credited to the student’s account when lessons resume. Since the academy is closed for its Summer Break in August, tuition is prorated accordingly.